of Australians experience loneliness
of Australia’s health expenditure each year goes on loneliness related ill health
Premature death, poor physical and mental health, and general dissatisfaction with life has been linked to loneliness
Community Connections Program
The Community Connections Program is a no cost program which provides social support to individuals who are experiencing loneliness and isolation in our communities.
Individuals are supported to establish and maintain meaningful social connections with community, leading to reduced social isolation and increased wellbeing.
Areas of Support
We offer a social bridge to individuals who are isolated and lonely, helping them re-connect with their community and weave lasting relationships. Over time, our team of specialist skilled staff and trained volunteers support each individual to regain a sense of trust, social confidence and autonomy through;
- Individualised case planning and social navigation
- Direct opportunities for connection through 1:1 social support
- Assistance to build social capacity and confidence
- Supportive and fun group events
- Phone and video support
You are an Important Part of the Community
hours of direct support in 2021
Supporting people of all ages
current phone-based volunteers
of our clients in South West Sydney and 55% in the East
Corporate Education Program
Social Isolation & Loneliness
Our Open Support Social Isolation Education Program for Corporates is delivered by our sector experts and aims to educate and inform employees and organisations on issues relating to social isolation and loneliness. Sessions will cover topics such as:
1) What is loneliness? 2) The stigma around loneliness and how it is actually affecting a significant proportion of the population across Australia. 3) The devastating effect loneliness can have on your health, both mental and physical, and how it affects your ability to succeed in the workplace. 4) That loneliness does not discriminate and can affect every type of person, across every socio-economic sector. 5) How to address and heal loneliness. Next steps to a positive and connected future.
Build lasting and meaningful connection with the community you choose.
Empower us to positively impact more lives
The loneliness epidemic is on the rise. We are stepping up to the challenge and with your help, we can meet the increasing need for support and weave more connections in the community. Your donation will enable our team of specialists to expand the social isolation program and reach more people in need
BECAUSE EVERYONE DESERVES TO KNOW THEY ARE AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE COMMUNITY
News & Stories on Social Isolation
Weaving Connections: How We Help Lessen the Pain of Loneliness
Social isolation has been one major topic in 2020. The COVID-19 pandemic has made the world acutely aware of the hardships of isolation, in [Read More]
“We Solve All the World’s Problems in an Hour” – Meet Visit Program’s Patricia
It’s no secret that feeling socially isolated this year has been a challenge. With so many restrictions and so much limited contact with loved [Read More]
Take Five Minutes to Create a Close-Knit Community
We all know that mental health is a growing concern in our community – so is social isolation. In fact, the two are very [Read More]